This month we’ll be traveling to Salt Lake City, Utah for our first annual Young Living Convention and we cannot wait to report back with new products, company announcements, and all the oily education we can get my hands on!
Convention is always a fun time with our girlfriends/co-workers complete with awesome oily swag! This year we are so excited to see John Maxwell speak and attending the Imagine Dragons concert!
This is our first time traveling to Convention so we thought it would be fun to do a post on our must-have tips for traveling with Young Living. This, of course, is not everything we will be bringing, but these are the “honorable mentions” so-to-speak.
- Portable Fan – Utah summers are HOT. In fact, the forecast for the week of Convention is sunny with temps between 93-96F! You can put portable fan in your pocket or bag, also can wear this fan on a lanyard around your neck. Battery powered, this small fan has 2-level wind setting to adjust the wind speed for all the RELIEF. This little gadget is ideal for Farm Day!
- Aminowise – Aminowise is an incredible amino acid supplement from Young Living that’s all-natural with high-quality ingredients and no added sugars, artificial sweeteners, preservatives, or artificial colors or flavors. It includes a hydration mineral blend with sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium citrate that replenishes important minerals lost during exercise. THIS is why we won’t travel without Aminowise. With all the walking and sweating that goes on, hydration is so important. Forget the yucky Gatorade and mix up some Aminowise!
- Travel Diffuser Case – A hotel room must-have—our Desert Mist Diffuser! We love this travel diffuser case for keeping it protected and it holds up to 10 bottles (5ml, 10ml, 15ml) of essential oil.
- Thieves Hard Lozenges – Thieves Hard Lozenges are great to have while traveling not to mention the fact that we have them in our purse at all times anyway. For starters, they contain Thieves Essential Oil Blend (enough said). We use these to freshen breath, suppress appetite, soothe a sore throat, relieve a dry mouth, or just to boost the immune system.
- Thieves Spray – For those of you using antibacterial wipes on carts, restaurant tables or on your airplane seat—listen up! They contain harmful ingredients. A simple Google search reveals the harmful ingredients and most of the time we’re not even using them right. Did you know you’re supposed to let the moisture from the wipes dry for 5-10 minutes before they’re effective? And that you’re not supposed to use them on your skin (how then do you wipe something off if you’re not using your hands?!)? Enter Thieves Spray. Small enough to keep in your purse and spray on surfaces, yet no harmful ingredients. We like to keep a pack of tissue or a small baggie of paper towels with it in order to easily clean larger areas while on-the-go.
- NingXia Red 2 oz Singles – Our everyday antioxidant powerhouse superfood drink! We are so thankful that NingXia Red comes in these convenient 2oz serving pouches. We love ordering them before Convention and getting our Essential Rewards points because people drink NingXia like it’s water and the FOMO is real!
- NingXia Nitro – Many people take Nitro daily so this might seem like a no-brainer, but we wanted to include it because YOU ARE GOING TO WANT A BOOST WHILE TRAVELING. This is basically the healthy version of gas station energy shots minus all the unhealthy ingredients and the hard crash that you can experience from these types of drinks.
- Supplement Case – Instead of finding room for all our supplement bottles it’s easy to fill this up for each day we will be gone and carry it our bag. Each compartment can hold 8 supplements for daily use. Daily pill case’s size is as big as a palm, can be put in your purse or pocket easily. Don’t ever let traveling throw you off your supplement routine!
- MightyPro – This is one of Young Living’s probiotic options portioned and packaged for kids. They taste like pixie sticks but have none of the artificial flavors and ingredients that we should stay away from. We plan on taking two of these per day in place of the Life 9 probiotic we normally take. The packets are convenient for traveling and do not have to be refrigerated like Life 9. Besides, we know several Young Living members that alternate the Life9 and MightyPro regularly in order to benefit from multiple strands of probiotic!
- Collapsible Water Bottle – Plastic water bottles have been accused of leaching chemicals, especially in high temperatures. We never leave home without our collapsible water bottle – 100% FDA & LFGB approved food-grade silicone and 100% plastic-free making it safe as well as taste and odor free! Safe for both cold and hot beverages.
- Sun Umbrella – We have several friends that bring a sun umbrellas and we thought it was brilliant! This is perfect for standing in long lines outside in the Utah heat on Farm Day!
- Cooling Towels – Speaking of the sun, we thought these would also help keep things cool on Farm Day!
- Peppermint Essential Oil – We use to get a little uneasy on airplanes, but for the last several years we hardly consider myself to have issues with motion anymore. Not while driving, boating, or flying, and it’s all thanks to Young Living’s Peppermint! We use it preventatively so we never even feel the slightest bit queasy. It works like magic for upset tummies. To use: just simply open the bottle and inhale, rub a drop in the palms of hands and inhale, or add a drop in water.
- Packing Cubes – We’ve seen several people suggest using packing cubes for the last couple of years and we have yet to try them. These packing cubes are a super smart way to stay neat and organized!
- Bon Voyage Travel Pack – The Bon Voyage kit is the perfect way to sample a TON of Young Living products. It’s got everything you need (minus a razor) and it comes in a handy translucent case (not pictured). Everything is under 2 oz. and would be fine to stash in your carry-on. It even has room for me to include my Progessence Plus + EndoFlex—two of my morning and night oils.
- Thieves AromaBright Toothpaste (doubles as a deodorant)
- Thieves Waterless Hand Sanitizer
- Thieves Dental Floss
- Thieves Fresh Essence Plus Mouthwash
- Young Living Toothbrush
- Lavender Shampoo
- Lavender Conditioner
- Cinnamint Lip Balm
- Morning Start Bath & Shower Gel
- Genesis Hand & Body Lotion
- ART Light Moisturizer
- Seedlings Baby Wipes – We use Seedlings Wipes all the time! They are soft, thick, so versatile, and they smell amazing. Perfect for wiping under the arms after Farm Day 😉
For additional essentials, check out our CRUNCHY MOM list on Amazon!
We also highly recommend checking out this post for some pretty handy tips (there’s even a packing list!) on all things Convention. And be sure to check out our Travel + Oils post for more tips on traveling with Young Living!
Lets hear it! What are your must-have necessities while traveling? We would love to know, babe!