We are so excited to be blogging all about one of our favorite oil accessories + our favorite essential oils to use with it – FÜM pipe
Before we dive in, for those of you who don’t yet know what a FÜM is – it’s an essential oil inhaler (pipe) that enables you to passively breathe in essential oils while reaping the many magic and therapeutic benefits internally, without smoke or vape.
Pretty neat, right? We absolutely love our FÜM pipe and never leave home without it! I think the best (and most fun) part about using the FÜM pipe is getting to experiment with new oils, blends, and flavors while still benefiting from all the magical properties from each essential oil. It’s a win, win! We have literally tried so many different oils and blends in our FÜM, but we definitely have our trusty faves for every occasion, ailment and season…
TOP 5 ESSENTIAL OILS TO FÜM:
- Thieves Vitality – this blend combines Lemon, Clove, Eucalyptus Radiata, Cinnamon Bark, and Rosemary to create one of Young Living’s most popular oils. These ingredients work together synergistically to offer one of the key benefits of Thieves Vitality: overall wellness and support for a healthy immune system. We use this blend as an addition to our every day wellness regimen in a number of ways, but our favorite is using it in our FÜM pipe. Its sweet, spicy flavor gives a overall comforting and warm sensation.
- Peppermint Vitality – Aside from the obvious benefit of minty fresh breath, inhaling Peppermint in your FÜM pipe can provide almost immediate relief from seasonal symptoms by soothing the respiratory system. Many studies support the expectorant and invigorating antioxidant properties of Peppermint. In fact, one study published by the European Journal of Medical Research suggests that Peppermint can help to reduce seasonal respiratory issues. Helping you to breathe with ease. Using Peppermint in your FÜM can also help you stay alert and awake – especially when used during travel or your morning commute to work. Peppermint is also helpful for those who get motion sick, especially in cars, planes or on ships. Inhaling Peppermint can also help relieve the uneasy feelings and dizziness. Peppermint is also known to relax the digestive system, resulting in increased serotonin and substance P levels, which acts as a neurotransmitter. Therefore, using Peppermint in your FÜM can help relieve the unsettling feeling of motion sickness, while it also allows you to breathe deeper.
- Copaiba Vitality – known for its beta-caryophyllene content and promotes wellness. The most impressive benefits include its ability to reduce occasional pain, keep you above the wellness line, stimulate the body’s natural healing process, and boost the respiratory health. Research has found that the main component found in Copabia is beta-caryophyllene. Not to mention, the biochemical agent, B-Caryophyllene (BCP) found in Copaiba is shown to help regulate endocrine and immune system function, which allows oil to keep your body above the wellness line.
- Lemon Vitality – Lemon can help lymphatic system, supporting the respiratory system to function properly. A study also revealed that inhaling Lemon can prevent the growth of pathogens and boosts the immune system. Therefore, inhaling and diffusing Lemon can help detox airborne particles and pathogens that could potentially cause allergic triggers.
- Christmas Spirit – If we are being honest, we just love the festive taste of this oil in our FÜM pipe! Its legit like Christmas exploded in your mouth. It’s so magical. Christmas Spirit Essential oil is a blend of Orange, Cinnamon, and Black Spruce and it really is like the holidays in a bottle. Its scent is reminiscent of the holidays and can evoke feelings and memories tied to the joy of Christmas and simpler, more peaceful moments.
- Black Pepper Vitality – Can help you reduce your cravings for nicotine, boost metabolism, improve circulation and lower blood pressure, and detoxify the body.
- Basil Vitality – Can help keep inflammatory responses in check. Basil can help support the adrenal glands, which are responsible for regulation of over 50 hormones that control almost every function in the body.
- Eucalyptus – For all the soothing support when it comes to seasonal allergies, mental clarity, and stress relief. It contains a high percentage of constituent eucalyptol.
- Lavender Vitality – For brain function, mood and stress, and increasing body’s antioxidants.
As far as which specific essential oils you should use in your FÜM, this is totally up to you! To get to the most out of your FÜM experience we suggest using stronger oils, like Peppermint or Wintergreen. These can have a flavorful, soothing, and stimulating effect when inhaled. There are however over 300 types of essential oils on the planet, many of which are great for inhaling, meaning it can come down to personal preference. Personally, we reccomend starting out with the Vitality line essential oils because they are labeled for internal use. With that said, the sky is the limit when using your FÜM pipe! Do not be afraid to experiment or add more than one oil at a time!
Which essential oil would you use in your FÜM pipe?
If you are ready to redefine your health today, grab a FÜM pipe of your own here!
Happy FÜMing, babe!