The way your skin appears can be caused by genes and behavior. While genes do play a role, using the right products at the right time can support some of the transformation your skin is programmed to make.
Here are some of our best skincare tips:
- Focus on supporting your skin at any age.
- Limit sun exposure with Young Living’s SPF 10 or SPF 50 sunscreen or by staying covered outside.
- Limit stress with deep breathing, exercising, and using aromatherapy.
- Girl, wash your face! Every single night before going to sleep.
- No smoking.
- Use high-quality, natural products – everything from Young Living falls under this category.
- Give your skin the nutrition and hydration it needs from daily moisturizers and by drinking plenty of water.
- Sudden diet changes, like an increase in sugar, damages proteins. Collagen is a protein that makes your skin stay tight – we don’t want to damage that! Eating that candy bar may actually give you more wrinkles! So stick to eating healthy, unprocessed food if you want to keep your youthful skin.
While the products you use may change based on your skin type, the number of steps does not. Asian cultures are much more likely to incorporate a long list of steps to ensure the skin is healthy and beautiful. Western culture is always on the go and limits their recommended skin care products to three. But step 5 – 6 is where the real magic happens!
Be sure not to skip these simple steps as they are all important to creating beautiful radiant skin!
- Cleansing: Cleanse two times daily with lukewarm water and finish with cold water. It’s important to remove dirt creating a clean canvas for the rest of your routine.
- Exfoliating: Removes dead skin cells to reveal younger cells and give the skin a smooth and youthful appearance. Always do this after cleansing and only 2 times a week.
- Toning: Cleansing and exfoliating disturbs the pH of the skin. Use a toner after cleansing to balance the pH. This helps to minimize the appearance of pores and give a toned or plump look.
- Restoring: Restoring the skin is a critical part in helping the skin retain moisture and it helps increase the appearance of skin radiance. Renewal Serum serves this function.
- Moisturizing: Apply right after the Renewal Serum (a restoring product) to lock it into the skin. Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and provides a barrier to protect the skin.
- Refine: Do this once or twice a week. Use a mask to lock in even moisture and radiance.
Did you know that many of Young Living’s skincare and beauty products can be used for different skin types. We are going to share the qualities of individual products so that you can determine which ones you want to incorporate into your everyday routine.
ART Gentle Cleanser
This foaming cleanser works well for all skin types. It combines Frankincense, Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood, Lemon, Melissa, and Lavender essential oils for a soothing, cooling, relaxing combination on your skin. It also removes dirt, oil, make-up and impurities, and supports the skin’s natural pH.
Orange Blossom Facial Wash
The Orange Blossom Facial Wash contains MSM, a sulfur component, which is drying and therefore makes this product line great for oily skin. The wolfberry seeds promote hydration, the Calendula extract conditions the skin, and the St John’s extract helps with minor skin imperfections. The Orange blossom extract acts as a skin emollient.
Charcoal Bar Soap
The Charcoal Bar Soap is good for combination, oily, or acne-prone skin because it pulls out dirt and impurities without stripping the skin’s natural moisture barrier. This helps maintain a clear, healthy-looking complexion. Use this on your face or your entire body!
Satin Mint Facial Scrub
This smells AMAZING! It contains Peppermint essential oil along with jojoba oil, mango butter, MSM, and aloe. Works to remove layers of dead skin cells, draw impurities from the skin, minimize the appearance of pores, and give a fresh, rejuvenated look.
Poppy Seed Lip Scrub
Made with four different types of butters – cocoa, mango, avocado, and shea – your lips have no choice but to be left feeling smooth and soft. Massage it in a circular motion, and the poppy seeds and moisturizing formula will gently exfoliate and cleanse to help remove dry skin, creating a flawless finish for your Savvy lipstick or gloss.
Orange Blossom Moisturizer
Moisturizers aren’t just for dry skin. The Orange Blossom Moisturizer helps skin maintain optimal moisture balance, controls excess oil and shine, and preps your face for makeup with its natural-looking matte finish, making it perfect for those with oily skin.
ART Light Moisturizer
ART Light Moisturizer is suitable for all skin types because it works with your skin to retain and maintain proper hydration, which is something we all need. When our cells are properly hydrated, they can better replace themselves which keeps us looking younger longer.
The ART Intensive Moisturizer
This is perfect for dry or mature skin. It has the combined benefits of the Sandalwood and Boswellia creams. Pracaxi seed oil and blue bird hibiscus leaf extract even skin tone and promote hydration. Stem cells from Apple Fruit extracts and Hibiscus plants help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and help the skin feel smoother and more pliable. It contains Hyaluronic acid from fermentation of bacteria, providing a tremendous amount of hydration to your skin.
Sandalwood Moisture Cream
Another powerhouse moisturizer that promotes younger, healthier skin! This cream contains wolfberry seed oil, Myrrh, Lavender, Sandalwood, and Rosemary, in addition to MSM which softens the skin and promotes elasticity. The wolfberry has so many amazing benefits for our entire body, but when it comes to our skin, the high level of antioxidants combines with different vitamins and minerals to help reduce acne, promote collagen production and even out skin tone.
Boswellia Wrinkle Cream
Boswellia Wrinkle Cream also contains wolfberry seed oil along with the essential oils of Frankincense, Sandalwood, Myrrh, Ylang Ylang, and Geranium. These all work together to build collagen, relax facial tension, reduce the effects of sun damage, minimize shine, and minimize and prevent wrinkle
Tested in Europe, after only 56 days, it was found to significantly improve the appearance of complexion lightness and intensity of dark spots. It contains ingredients like Kakadu Plum as a natural vitamin C, Licorice root extract for a balancing effect, and Madonna Lily for a brightening effect. It takes less than TWO months to have a more even and brighter tone to your skin.
Wolfberry Eye Cream
Use this eye cream morning and night to help soothe tired eyes and minimize the appearance of fine lines, circles and bags. This is a natural, water-based moisturizer that also contains the essential oils of Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Frankincense, and Geranium.
We have combination skin. Our everyday routine and skincare lineup is currently: ART Lightweight moisturizer, Sheerlume, Frankincense, Glow Serum, and Under Eye Glow Stix, We hope you found this information to be helpful. To learn more on our favorite skincare and beauty products for every skin type, visit our Instagram. For additional skincare favorites, read this post to find out which essential oils we love! Happy oiling, babe!