We don’t mean to be sappy, but you wood not be-leaf how much we love woodsy essential oils! We’re constantly pining over fresh, woody scents like Northern Lights Black Spruce, Juniper, and Hinoki. So whether you’re sticking to your roots or branching out when it comes to essential oils, we’re certain you’ll love all 10 of the essential oils below (and the tree puns planted throughout)!
Fun fact: There are over 126 species of pine trees. Young Living’s Pine essential oil comes from Pinus sylvestris.
What sets it apart: Fresh, clean, and uplifting, Pine is our pick for an outlook that’s as happy and hopeful as these Christmas-scented trees.
- Head out to the back porch and settle in with a mystery novel and a diffuser full of Pine as a reward for making it through a long day.
- Embrace woodsy vibes by rubbing Pine and coconut oil onto your chest.
- Spruce up your place with this cleaner: ¼ cup vinegar, 1 cup water, and 10 drops each of Pine + Lemon.
2. Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood
Fun fact: Smelling sandalwood when you’re out and about? It’s a common ingredient in high-end perfumes and candles, so you might catch a whiff while shopping.
- Capture the attention of anyone and everyone with your own DIY sophisticated scent.
- Add a drop or two to your skin care routine for an “I spent hours getting ready” glow!
- Combine with Bergamot in your diffuser for an aroma that’s warm and bright and declares, “Everything’s gonna be all right.”
- Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood missing from your shelves? Give Sacred Sandalwood, an earthier version, a try.
Fun fact: Tsuga trees grow to be up to 75 feet tall in the wild.
What sets it apart: Serious about your spiritual studies? Tsuga is the meditative mentor you need.
- Take your yoga practice to a new plane by diffusing after your finish your workout.
- Here’s a radical idea: Start your day with a foot massage! Rub Tsuga + V-6 into your feet for a daybreak delight.
- Add this warm, earthy-scented oil to your facial cleanser and body washes to take advantage of its skin-cleansing capabilities.
4. Northern Lights Black Spruce
Fun fact: Head around the world and find Hinoki, which hails from Japanese cypress trees.
What sets it apart: Hinoki doesn’t just boast a woodsy aroma—it possess unexpected citrusy notes that make it bright!
- Recover from your killer workout by massaging with a few drops of Hinoki + Ortho Sport Massage Oil.
- Keep your center, not your frazzled feelings, by diffusing Hinoki morning, noon, and night to create a grounding environment.
- The top of your checklist? Never head to work or school without the focusing power scent of Hinoki.
- Start your day with sunrise showers! Put a few dashes of Hong Kuai outside the flow of water and let the steam inspire a stellar day.
- Dilute 1 drop Hong Kuai + 4 drops carrier oil and use topically whenever, wherever.
- Want to feel like you’re on cloud nine? Diffuse Hong Kuai for an uplifting aroma to inspire feeling like you’re on top of the world!
Fun fact: Juniperus osteosperma, the tree that Juniper essential oil comes from, is also known as the Utah Juniper.
What sets it apart: You will not believe how good Juniper is when added to sweet, floral, and balmy essential oil blends!
- For cool kids only: Diffuse with Peppermint for a chilly, brisk scent.
- Neutralize garbage can odors with a woodsy aroma by putting a few drops on a cotton ball and stashing in your trash bin.
- Take your bubble baths to elite status by adding 5 drops of Juniper.
- Find re-leaf from the day-to-day by diffusing with Frankincense + Rosemary for a unique and inspiring aroma.
- Treet yourself by adding a drop of Cypress to your shampoo and conditioner.
- Add to a damp washcloth and wipe down your kitchen and bathroom surfaces to deodorize less-than-fresh smells.
- Ready to branch out from Cypress? Blue Cypress is ready to needle its way into your essential oil collection!
Fun fact: Kunzea is native to the coasts of Australia and Tasmania and is also known as white cloud, Tasmanian kunzea, and tick bush.
What sets it apart: Kunzea’s aroma is equal parts woodsy, clean, and spicy for a scent that’s unlike any other.
Fun fact: Young Living’s Cedarwood comes from Cedrus atlantica, which is the species thought to be closest to the biblical cedar of Lebanon.
What sets it apart: Cedarwood is a non-stop superstar when it comes to moisturizing skin and hair!
- Add 3 drops to your daily conditioning routine for extra silky-looking hair.
- Mix with Lavender + diffuse before bed as you set the stage for dreamy slumbers.
- Keep your skin super smooth by adding Cedarwood to your hand lotion.
Which woodsy essential oil are you pining away for? TO SHOP OUR FAVORITE OILY SWAG ACCESSORIES, INCLUDING ROLLERS, MIST BOTTLES, ETC. VISIT HERE. FOR ADDITIONAL TIPS & TRICK, COME FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM! HAPPY OILING, BABES!