When crunchy leaves litter the ground and the weather calls for a woolen cap, it’s time for all the spicy aromas. It’s hard to let go of summer with its backyard barbecues, impromptu pool parties, and all the ripe, juicy watermelon you could wish for. But then you catch a crispness in the air and notice new, vibrant colors on the trees. Soon it will be time for fall festivals, flannel shirts, and everybody’s favorite: all things pumpkin spice.
Goodbye, lazy days and corner lemonade stands.
Hello, hayrides and Mom’s holiday baking.
Pull out that fleece blanket and pour yourself a steaming cup of apple cider as we share our favorite fall essential oils.
Best fall essential oils:
When breezes turn brisk and the season gets stressful, take a moment for some “me time”—it’s essential for holiday survival. Pencil in a bit of head-to-toe pampering and you won’t bat an eye when your in-laws ask you to host 30 people for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Treat tired feet. Add 1 drop each of Black Pepper + Patchouli to a thick foot cream and rub into feet. Slide on warm socks for an extra cozy experience.
- Slip into a soothing bath. Combine 1 ounce of fractionated coconut or grapeseed oil with 12 drops of essential oil—Cedarwood, Juniper, and Nutmeg are our faves—in a small glass. Add to a hot bath to soften and soothe skin while you soak.
- Massage party-weary muscles. Combine 2 ounces of V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex with 12 drops of Cinnamon Bark + 6 drops of Oregano + 6 drops of Orange in a glass bottle or jar. Use a teaspoon or two at a time to help taut muscles unwind after the day’s festivities. Check out these tips to get more out of your massage.
- Inhale an invigorating aroma. Dilute 2 drops of Cypress + 2 drops of Eucalyptus Globulus with a dime-size amount of carrier oil for a refreshing, energizing chest rub.
- Spice up your shower. Add 1 drop of Cardamom + 1 drop of Palo Santo to a dollop of Bath & Shower Gel Base for a shower that smells amazing.
Trick or treaters, holiday travelers, friendly neighbors—autumn offers a cornucopia of guests! Use fall essential oils to help them feel at home the moment they walk through the door.
Keep it clean. Fresh out of Thieves Household Cleaner? Keep your home fresh and tidy with essential oils. Make a multipurpose cleaning spray with ¾ cup of apple cider vinegar, ¾ cup of water + 10 drops of Thieves. Add in a few drops Christmas Spirit to make your Thieves cleaner a festive twist.
Fall into scented linens. Surround yourself in the smell of fall every time you climb into bed! Create your own linen spray by combining 1 cup of water with 7 drops of Black Pepper + 8 drops of Nutmeg + 8 drops of Orange in a glass spray bottle. Shake well before spritzing on linens.
Give guests some zest. Infuse your home with the best spiced scents, thanks to some DIY potpourri. In a decorative bowl, combine your favorite whole spices like cloves, allspice berries, bay leaves, and cinnamon sticks. Enhance the rich, warm scent with a few drops each of Palo Santo, Cypress, Cedarwood, and Bergamot. Leave the bowl in your entryway or anywhere guests might linger.
Delightful diffuser blends
When crunchy leaves litter the ground and the weather calls for a woolen cap, it’s time for all the spicy aromas. Try these fall essential oil diffuser blends when you want to harvest the scents of the season—especially if your trees are more palm than pine.
- Pumpkin Spice: This blend is anything but basic. Cinnamon Bark, Bergamot, Cardamom, and Nutmeg work their aromatic magic, filling your home with the nostalgic scent of Granny’s famous pumpkin pie.
- Brisk, Please: There’s nothing like taking a walk in the crisp, autumnal air while breathing in the woodsy aroma of fall’s foliage. But what if you live somewhere that’s balmy year-round? Good news! You can recreate the brisk, refreshing experience with a combination of Thieves, Juniper, Eucalyptus Globulus, and Wintergreen essential oils.
- Cozy Night In: After you’re done with your “cold-weather comfort” pampering, climb into your comfiest pj’s, grab your coziest blanket, and plant yourself next to a crackling fire. Complete the cozy night in with the comforting aromas of Cedarwood, Palo Santo, Orange, and Patchouli.
For more of our favorite must have essential oils for fall, come follow along on Instagram!
What are your favorite fall essential oils? Happy oiling, babe!