Being a mama, business babe, wife, friend, and all the different hats we wear can really take it out of us and leave our bodies in rough shape! We are constantly pouring out for others, which is a beautiful thing BUT can leave our bodies vulnerable so give this a read to give back to yourself and your body! GREAT info from the Scoop on IMMUNE SUPPORT!!!!! “The immune system. We all know we want it to be strong and do its job.
But do we know what it is and how it works?
It has only been in more recent years that scientists have really been able to dive into this complex process:
“The immune system is equal to the brain and the nervous system in complexity. Although we routinely take our immune function for granted, it has some amazing qualities that include:
Like peering into a mirror, the immune system has the ability to identify itself in an environment where foreign bodies are present. Similarly, immune function recognizes what does not belong in the reflection—the non-self—or foreign microbes in our own bodies.
Like a scrapbook, the immune system carries memories of the chicken pox you had in second grade. Because of that memory, you won’t get the chicken pox again as long as your immune system functions properly.
Drawing on an extremely diverse ecosystem, the immune system rapidly recognizes non-self microbes—intruders—and readily applies a solution from a rich away of defensive processes.
The success of this ecosystem depends on a dynamic communications network of millions of cells. Signaling between groups and subsets, the network, like a beehive, is prompt and effective as it carries out its regulatory, healing, and defensive duties—every day of your life. “
+ THINGS THAT TEAR DOWN YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM:
- Lack of sunshine
- Leaky gut
+ THINGS THAT SUPPORT YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM:
- Fish oil (like OmegaGize)
- Essential oils
- Emotional support
Morning: 2-4 oz. Ningxia Red, OmegaGize, Master Formula and/or Multigreens, Super C Tablets or Chewable, and Vitamin D fill nutritional needs.
All Day/As Needed: Stress Away, Frankincense, Release, Idaho Balsam Fir, and other oils that your body needs to process emotions and reduce stress. Running the diffuser, diffuser jewelry, and roll-ons are some convenient ways to use constantly.
Evening: Life 5 Probiotic helps to support good bacteria which in turn supports a healthy immune system. Scientists are finding that gut health and bacteria is responsible for 70-80% of immune system function.
Bedtime: Thieves, Exodus II, RC, Frankincense diffused and applied to the bottoms of the feet. Running a diffuser is a powerful way to support your health because you breathe the oil while in a resting state where your body is primed for recovery.
Below are twenty additional ways to help keep you above the wellness line and reduce the risk of catching the flu:
1. Frequent hand washing—studies have shown that washing hands with an antibacterial soap is no better at preventing infectious illnesses than washing with plain soap and water. Besides, colds and flu are virus’, not bacteria! Banking on antibacterial soaps as a safeguard won’t be effective.
2. Clean & disinfect cell phones, remotes, steering wheel and door knobs regularly (Thieves Spray is GREAT for this!)
3. Eat a healthy diet-food choices dictate health. You are what you eat.
4. Reduce sugar and alcohol consumption (Sugar lowers the immune system tremendously and with all the sugar in holidays from October to March, flu goes on the rise.)
5. Get 7-9 hours of sleep at night
6. Wear a mask if needed (large crowds, airports or airplanes)
7. Take an immune booster daily like Vitamin C, D, Zinc, Thieves and Oregano Vitality oils
8. Supplement with Glutathione and Turmeric and Garlic
9. Drink or cook with bone broth. I like to add pinion and garlic to dishes too to boost immune system.
10. Repair your gut; learn about “leaky gut” and do what you can do to fix it (it helps your immune system, foggy brain AND overall health.
11. Elderberry syrup can boost the immune system AND remedy the flu!
12. Exercise 3-5x a week
13. Cough and sneeze into your elbow, not hands. Your elbow is less likely to come into contact with surfaces. If everyone did this it would cut down on the spread of colds and flu.
14. Reduce stress. Integrate prayer and meditation into your life daily. (Lots of guided videos online for this!)
15. Diffuse essential oils to purify/cleanse the air and your home.
16. Don’t touch your face. (Or wash hands before you do.) The average person touches their face 16x in an hour! If you refrain, you drastically reduce the likelihood of a virus entering your body via nose, mouth or eyes.
17. Avoid touching surfaces other people touch. Like an escalator handle, the button on an elevator (push it with your finger knuckles instead of pads of fingers. You’re less likely to touch your face or food with your knuckles) Block contact with public door handles by cloaking your grip with a paper towel after you dry your hands after washing.
18. Stay hydrated!
19. Drink Ningxia Red to boost immune system
20. Take probiotics every night— they add good bacteria to the gut and most of our immune system is in our gut. Keep it fed and healthy with good gut flora. Life 9 + MightyPro!
21. BONUS: Take relaxing baths to reduce stress and detox with with a cup of baking soda, a cup of Epsom Salts and a few drops of essential oils. Our favorites are Stress Away, Gratitude oil blend, Lavender or Cedarwood essential oils.
NOTES ON A VS B
A few things you should know before randomly selecting products to help, as there are various types of F, each calling for different approaches. You must know the type of F you are dealing with to optimize results. Though both are viral, they each have unique properties and because type A and B act differently in the body, supplements will also differ.F is classified as type A or B. Type B is the one we usually experience year to year. Type A is more serious, and is handled differently.Treating type B is everything we think of when it come to respiratory issues.But A is a different story and here’s why -A can create a “cytokine storm”. (Feel free to Google). The immune system responds with a large production of immune system hormones and the inflammatory cytokines Il-1, IL-6, TNF. These are the cytokines associated with the symptoms of infection, fever, fluid retention/swelling, malaise, headache, etc. These are the inflammatory symptoms that normally transition into recovery, BUT in the case of Type A swine, additional cytokines are produced, including anti-inflammatory IL-10. The problem appears to be that the sudden IL-10 signaling disrupts the natural transition from inflammation to recovery and the inflammatory signaling becomes acute and life threatening.Inflammation then causes fluid to accumulate in the lungs resulting in acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) triggered by a cytokine storm which can result in death. This is similar to what is seen as a consequence of systemic infection or septicemia.
Essential oils listed in the EODR as having strong anti-viral properties include: Melissa, Cinnamon, Oregano, Mt. Savory, Ravensara, and Thyme. These may be applied topically or taken orally. These oils may need to be diluted for sensitive skin.Diffuse and apply these oils to feet, spine and chest along with Egyptian Gold (***Specific to TYPE A).GY said at a meeting years ago that he believed Egyptian Gold would be one of our most powerful oils in case of a type A F outbreak. IT WORKS.Calm the immune system to avoid the cytokine storm with the following:ImmuPower Oil blend contains cistus which helps the body regulate the immune system. Wear on chest and feet. **In my opinion this oil will be one of our most important weapons!!! March 2006 – Dr. Osterholm said – “an immune system in overdrive could actually hurt you.”
DO NOT TAKE IMMUNE BOOSTING PRODUCTS LIKE BETA GLUCANS, ECHINACEA, OR MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS ONCE YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS. This means leave out the ImmuPro if you have A.