I don’t know about you, but the busier I am, the more I need to take a minute for self care. But it also seems like the more I need it, the less chance I have of that happening.
I’m in a ridiculously busy season of my life, and I’m on the verge. So I put together a list of 10 ways to squeeze in self care, using my oils, in under 60 seconds, so there are NO excuses.
I do not have time for a mental breakdown, thank you very much.
Side note: If you have 2-4 minutes a day to spare for some really good self care, look into the feelings kit. There are entire classes on that collection of oils, (ashley is hosting a 30 day challenge right now actually and it’s great) and it’s really a great tool for emotional support. Despite the fact that it’s a 6 oil process, it actually only takes a couple minutes to complete from start to finish.
Here’s the list of super quick oily fixes.
1. 15 seconds of Stress Away. Close your eyes, put a drop of stress away in your left hand, take your right pointer finger, swirl it to activate, rub your palms together and cup them over your nose. Inhale for five seconds. Exhale for five seconds. Repeat this 3-4 times.
2. Frank and stretch. Good for long periods of sitting. Stand up. Put one drop of frank in your hands, activate it like you would in #1, rub your hands together and apply frank to the back of your neck, and rub any excess on your lower back. A good stretch feels awesome and that Frankinsence will help clear your mind.
3. Lavender before bed. Unless you’re falling asleep as soon as you hit the pillow, (basically, unless you’re a man 🙄😂) you have time for this one. Rub a few drops of lavender on the back of your neck, and apply excess to the bottom of your feet. Close your eyes and inhale and exhale and let go of any stress you’re carrying from your day. Vetiver also works wonders for this.
4. Joy over the heart. As often as you need it. Right on your chest under your shirt. Doing this intentionally, and regularly, can completely transform your mindset.
5. Lemon in your water. You’re hopefully drinking water anyway. Add a couple drops of lemon to a glass of water and sip on it through the day. It helps clear the mind and does great things for your insides and your energy levels.
6. Hormonal oils. I know this is only for ladies, but I’m counting it anyway. Progessence Plus on your inner arms every day or endoflex vitality under the tongue or on the ankles, helps to keep those hormonal ups and downs in check. A lot of our emotional swings can be chalked up to our hormones.
7. 60 seconds of gratitude. If you don’t have the blend gratitude, substitute sacred mountain, Peace & Calming, or any of your favorite calming oils. Apply it to your palms, activate it, and inhale. This time, force yourself to think of 5 things you’re grateful for. If you have extra time and/or you’re struggling to think of things, keep going!
8. Valor shower steam. You’re already in the shower, adding oils takes an extra ten seconds tops. Add a few drops of Valor to the back of your shower floor, or on a washcloth, and let that bathroom steam up. This sounds totally ridiculous, but close your eyes and imagine stress washing off your body and down the drain. I promise it works!
9. Diffusing for self care. First thing in the morning, and before bed, when you start your diffuser, add a couple drops of orange to whatever you’ve picked for the day. Orange is amazing for moods. It’s great day and night. It’s cheery and uplifting.
10. Diffuser jewelry. The easiest way to diffuse when you’re out and about. Apply your favorite oils to your diffuser jewelry, keep your spare bottle in your bag, and reapply as needed throughout the day. As a bonus, everyone around you will benefit too!
How do you practice self care, babe?