There are lots of reasons to love Fall, and food absolutely should be at the forefront. We wanted to help you take advantage of this season, where it is perfectly acceptable – encouraged, even! – to make deliciously decadent desserts. Striking the balance between indulgent and healthy is our bread and butter, rest assured that this healthy fall recipe is one that will satisfy your taste buds and your heart.
These healthy pumpkin Cheesecake bars are perfect for the family, or for parties. The best part about this dessert is that it is entirely clean-eating friendly! You won’t find anything artificial, or refined in this recipe – just wholesome, healthier ingredients. Alright, enough talking about it, here are instructions on how to get started.
For the crust
- 2 ½ cups of brown rice cereal
- 5 tbsp. of nonfat milk at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. of a natural sweetener
- 1 tbsp. of unsalted, melted butter
For the filling
- 1 cup of plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup pumpkin purée
- 1 block of softened, Greek yogurt cream cheese
- ¾ tsp. vanilla crème stevia
- 1 large egg white at room temperature
- 2-3 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality
- 2-3 drops Nutmeg Vitality
- 1 drop Ginger Vitality
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Yield: 16 cheesecake bars
- Now that you have all of your ingredients gathered, the first thing you want to do is preheat your oven to 300°F. Then coat an 8” baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- We’ll take on the crust first. Add the cereal to a blender, or food processor, and break down the cereal until it crumbles to a smooth consistency. Transfer the crumbs to a bowl, and mix in your natural sweetener. Stir in the milk and butter until everything mixes completely. Slowly pour the mixture into your baking pan. Bake for 18-21 minutes, or until the mix feels dry. After taking it out of the oven, let is cool until room temperature.
- Now for the filling. Beat the Greek yogurt and the cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Throw in the stevia and pumpkin purée. The mix the egg white, and stop stirring once the egg white gets incorporated with the mix. Add the vanilla extract, Vitality oils (Cinnamon Bark, Nutmeg, & Ginger) and cornstarch until everything blends.
- Spread your newly mad mixture on top of the cooled crust. Bake at 300°F for 18-22 minutes, or until the center slightly shakes when the pan is gently moved. Cool completely before covering with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 3 hours before digging in.
There you have it! This fall recipe will bring the delicious, warm, and seasonal flavor of Halloween, while staying on the healthier side.