Are you a blogger looking to monetize your blog? I’m glad you’re here because I’d love to tell you about an opportunity to grow your blog that isn’t dependent on blog traffic. Blogging with Young Living is like an affiliate type of program that works well for any blog or website. It can be incredibly beneficial to your blog whether you already use essential oils, or have never even considered them before.
Essential oils have made huge gains in popularity over the past year and here is why…
Why are essential oils trending?
I believe this trend is gaining momentum for a couple reasons:
- They work. I’ve seen the evidence in my own home and I’ve heard countless other testimonials about amazing results people are experiencing.
- People (moms, especially) are tired of accepting another pill for whatever is ailing their kids. They want more natural solutions to health issues. Essential oils provide a great solution to help maintain your family’s health without unpleasant side effects.
- Through the power of social media, trends are able to spread much more quickly than in the past. Thus, the spread of the use of essential oils.
Why are essential oils a great fit for a blog?
- Moms are hearing about essential oils. Their friends are using them. They see Facebook ads about them. Now is the perfect time to add them to the topics you blog about. You can use a Young Living membership just like an affiliate program.
- You can treat a Young Living membership just like an affiliate program – all you have to do is get set up with a starter kit. Then blog about how you use these products in your everyday life. During months that you earn commission, you have a $50 minimum personal order requirement, but that is usually easily covered by your commissions.
- You may already be writing about essential oils. I did for 2 years before I started mentioning Young Living on my blog! It’s been almost a seamless addition for me.
The one gap I see is that lots of bloggers are selling essential oils but then people are left without much support. They have a starter kit of oils but they have lots of questions and they don’t know how to go about using them and incorporating them into their daily lives. They have questions about safety. Training and support is needed.
Using Your Oils to Make Money
One you get your starter kit, start using the oils. Learn more about each one and take the time to build your own testimonial for each oil in the kit.
When you sign up with me, I will gift you reference materials to get you started so you can build up a knowledge-base. I’m here to help and support you too. But do you need to know everything? Absolutely not! No one expects you to be an expert. Even I’m still learning, and I’ve been using the oils for nearly two years. But you do want to take every chance to use the oils so you can talk about them with others.
And I recommend you take every opportunity to share your testimonials. Be sure to keep it above the wellness line. We don’t need to focus on sickness or disease. We have so much to talk about with wellness, cleaning, beauty, cooking and so much more.
I make it a point to use my essential oils in public. I’ll apply my Stress-Away roll-on while waiting in line at the grocery store. I use Thieves hand spray to clean my kids’ hands at birthday parties. I diffuse oils when I have guests over at my house. And I even post pictures of myself using essential oils on Facebook. This is not selling. This is just me using my oils.
And believe me, people will start asking about them. So what do you do then?
How do you earn money?
You have people signing up. So what’s next? You earn money!
Young Living’s compensation plan is very generous, and the best part about it is that you have the ability to earn residual income. So how does that work?
Here it is in a nutshell: When you sign up a new wholesale member who also gets a Premium Starter Kit, you earn $50.
- $25 for the Starter Kit Bonus
- 25% commissions for the first 3 months for the Fast Start Bonus – that 25% commission is based on 100 PV (personal volume), which is $25 (the Premium Starter Kit is 100 PV even though the actual cost is $160, that’s the PV value)
So sign up a friend with a Premium Starter Kit and earn $50. If that friend orders again in month 2 or 3, then you earn 25% commissions on that order. Plus, you earn 10% commissions on anyone your new person signs up too.
I mentioned earlier there’s no monthly minimum. That’s true. However, you’ll be leaving money on the table if you don’t spend 50 PV (every product is assigned PV value – consumables are usually 1:1 so if an oil costs $25, then it will have 25 PV but there are some exceptions with tools and diffuser) to earn the Starter Kit and Fast Start Bonuses. So technically you don’t have to spend that 50 PV, but you’d be missing out on free oils with that order. Just one sign-up will pay for those oils (i.e. you spend 50 PV in products and earn $50 in a thank you check from Young Living).
But imagine when you get 3 sign-ups? You’ll earn almost enough to cover your Premium Starter Kit. Enroll more people in a month, and you’re making even more money.
After a member is with you for 3 months, you can qualify for unilevel commissions (8% of their total PV for the month) when you spend 100 PV. At this point, you’ll see that those you’ve signed up will start sharing too. And with unilevel commissions, you earn on members on your level 2, 3, and so on.
You also earn 24% commissions when you sign up retail members, but you don’t earn residual income. For that reason, I always recommend wholesale membership – which is just an awesome deal any way you look at it and builds you up for financial freedom.
Did I also mention that YL is the ONLY company that allows you to will your paycheck to your children, in the unfortunate case that something happens to you, upon hitting Silver?
And one more perk… when you achieve the rank of Silver within six month after reaching the rank of Executive you’ll get the Aroma Complete set. It’s a worth over $2,000 and you get it free with the Si6 (Silver in 6) program. It’s a huge kit of 100 or so essential oils. Who wants it?
What if you don’t write about health and wellness?
There are lots of ways to use essential oils. You can fit them into posts on homemade cleaners, kids activities, making your home smell great, making bedtime be more peaceful, etc. etc. You don’t have to have a focus on health in order to share oils with your readers.
If you’d like to add essential oils to your blog as a revenue generator, I’d love to have you on my team.
I’m providing training on the business side as well as free graphics. I can also help you get your blog set up to promote essential oils.
Here’s how to get started:
1. Sign up as a Young Living distributor. (And you’ll get all the bonuses I’m offering, too.)
Once you’re signed up, shoot me an email and let me know that you’re interested in blogging about essential oils. I’ll get you started with some introductory information.
2. Let me know a good time to chat and I can help you brainstorm how you can best incorporate essential oils into your blog.
3. Write a couple posts (or update existing posts) discussing essential oils and include your own sign up link. A couple of mine are DIY and DIY.
Start your own essential oils business with Young Living – the leader in essential oils for over 20 years. There really is a difference with Young Living, and honestly, the oils really sell themselves. You don’t need to sell. Just share, educate, and be consistent.
If you have any questions about all of this, please let me know. You can reach me at email@example.com.
For more information, I highly recommend picking up a copy of Gameplan: The Complete Strategy Guide to go from Starter Kit to Silver & Your Gameplan: Build a Life beyond Survival Mode
Happy Oiling, babes!